I’ve never done a survey on here before, so to start, Celestia’s Bikkuri Survey.
1. You have found a magical J-pop genie who will grant you one J-pop related wish (so no wishing for a million dollars or world peace or anything like that). It can be virtually anything as long as it’s directly related to J-pop, and don’t worry, because this is the nice sort of genie, not the kind who will try to find a loop-hole and screw up your wish. So, what do you wish for???
Quite honestly? That I become a top-selling J-pop idol whose popularity spans the world! I’d like to have Utada’s musicality, Stephanie’s voice, and Otsuka Ai’s artistry.
2. Is there any J-pop artist or group who seriously pisses you off? If yes, who, and why? Probably Koda Kumi. I think her ero-kawaii stint just never sat well with me, and despite having liked some of her songs I think her music is monotonous now. It’s one of those uncontrollable feelings – she has a good personality and a good voice, I guess, but every time I see her strut onto stage wearing almost nothing singing a song that sounds like four of her others I fast forward.
3. Who do you think is the sexiest Japanese singer out there?
Yamapi. Okay, that was really biased – without my bias, it’d probably be Akanishi Jin from KAT-TUN. He’s kind of a slut (read: Lovejuice.)
4. How about the cutest?
Perfume, as a trio. Their image and their music and their personalities are all adorable.
5. Best personality?
Otsuka Ai – she seems funny and witty and quirky but is also emotional and intelligent.
6. If given the opportunity, would you rather date person 3, person 4, or person 5?
Given as 4 and 5 are four girls, I’d go with 3. Wait, but person 3 is both Yamapi and Jin – well, I’d just take both of them.
7. You work for a Japanese music magazine, and you have the opportunity to interview your favorite artist or group. What are a couple of the questions you want to ask them?
I’d interview NEWS and ask them the truth about how they felt about their group, if Johnny doesn’t blacklist me. And if I’m not allowed to, I’ll just ask them standard interviewing question – hey, at least then I could meet them.
8. What’s the best (J-pop) song to listen to when you are really sad?
“Pocket” by Otsuka Ai
9. When you’re really happy?
“weeeek” by NEWS, and right now, “One Love” by Arashi
10. Do you often sing along to your favorite songs?
Yes, when I’m alone – usually in the car, or in the shower. Usually I don’t know the lyrics so I hum or make up my own words along with it.
11. How about dance?
Yep, I’m terribly guilty of trying to fake along some Perfume dance moves.
12. Artistic integrity question!! If someone offered to pay you for blogging, but they were allowed to censor some of your opinions or veto some of your blogging ideas, would you do it?
Yes. I like money. And really, if you write professionally as a career, your own opinions usually are censored, so I don’t see how being paid for blogging would be a lack of integrity in any way.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment